Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

On 05/04/07, RA Friedman wrote:

> Then the inaccessible media becomes the proverbial "1000 pound
> Gorilla" (with due apologies to our sister species), that the children
> or grandchildren have to deal with. My parents took 1000s of slides
> that haven't been looked at in 40+ years, plus there are tons of
> orphaned negatives for which there are no prints.

At least this format requires no computers or software to view it. All
you need is a light box, which can be home made.

> I won't be researching my family lineage in my retirement, I'll be
> scanning media.

BTW a long review of the Epson scanners is here:
http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20V700/page_1.htm

Regards
--
Don Cox