Re: [ARSCLIST] Anyone familiar with "Spin It Again" Software to convert Lps a...

On 04/04/07, David Breneman wrote:

> --- Steve Ramm <Stevramm@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I was one of those who only took
>> slides cause they were cheaper than prints. I have thousands.
>
> I'm one of those who takes slides because they're better than
> prints.  I also have thousands which I'm slowly digitizing
> but with the knowledge that the digitized copies are a last
> ditch preservation in case something happens to the originals
> (fire, flood, war, whatever).  The slides themselves are
> still far more archivally stable than the digital copies.
>
>> If you do it yourself
>>  it will take at least 3 minutes per slide to scan and save PLUS
>> the cost of a  $100. scanner.
>
> Holy cats!  If you know of a $100 slide scanner pass that
> information on.  I'm using a Konica/Minolta DiMage scanner
> I bought right before Sony bought out their line.  It was
> about $500.  It will do mounted slides and unmounted film,
> but will not accommodate stereo slides unless you remove them
> from the mounts.  And I'm still looking for something
> affordable than can do 120 slides and negatives.

I plan to get an Epson 750 in a month or two. It costs a good deal more
than $100, but it will do batch scanning so you can put a dozen slides
on the machine and go away and leave it.

Also it does 120 sizes, which is essential for me.

It gets good reviews but I may borrow one to test it before buying.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx