Re: [ARSCLIST] (dream) restoration phono preamp opinions wanted

Powering C-8s is not a problem for me -- I own four (count them, 4!) Mac 20W-2 power amplifiers that do the job just fine. And they too have a hum adjustment pot.

Just offhand, I'm guessing that finding a D-8A power supply today (or a D-8, which would also work) would be far more difficult than finding a C-8 preamp. I found a couple online, in the $300 price range.

John Ross