From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Jacobs
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:34 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] analog tape cleaning

I agree about keeping the discussion on the list - at the very
least, Laura, please share your final research with the list.

Laura, the work of your schoolmate Jim Thurn (UT Austin) on mold
also crosses over into general aspects of tape conservation.  See:

http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~anagpic/studentpapers2006.htm

Also see http://www.richardhess.com where Richard has collected
a good number of tips on working with tape.

Eric Jacobs

The Audio Archive
tel: 408.221.2128
fax: 408.549.9867