Re: [ARSCLIST] Anyone familiar with "Spin It Again" Software to convert Lps and Casettes?

At 09:31 AM 2007-04-03, Steve Ramm wrote:
I know we have the experts here so I'll hope for replies.

I saw this software advertised in Goldmine and went to their site. Though I
am not really interested in transferring all my vinyl or 78s to Mp3s or CD -
my stereo equipment is in a separate room from my PC - I do have a large group
of cassettes - mostly radio shows which I;d like to record as separate
indexed tracks (and even some Reel to Reels). The cassettes should be easiest as I
can use a boom box to play them into the PC. (I haven't figured out yet
where the INPUT jack goes into my PC. I'm A PC nerd when it comes to the physical
technologies).

Steve,

For overall cleanup and burning CDs, the best package I've found is the consumer "Audio Cleaning Lab" from Magix in Germany. It's about $30-40 US. I am amazed at how much of the high-end stuff that is in Samplitude and the Algorithmix plug-ins exists in ACL.

www.magix.com

It's available as a download version or a box version.

If you're going to do the transfer, get as good a cassette recorder as you can, keep it clean, and hook it up to a reasonable sound card. There are some under-$100 USB "sound cards" that might be acceptable, certainly better than what comes on most PCs and especially better than what is on some laptops.

Cheers,

Richard