[ARSCLIST] Edison case/cabinet

Hi all,

I have something that I thought I would ask the list about,as I have no
relavent books handy.I have just found,what I think is a storage
container,for Edison cylinders, dating from the time of the type D phonographs.It
looks like the cabinet for the  phonographs,but is smaller,has no
identifying plate,and it is clear nothing like a phonograph went into it.It
does have the same signature mark the type Ds do.There are no groups of
holes on the side,as I have seen on the phonographs.If not a carrying
case for cylinders,could it be some sort of salesman's sample ? What
sort of price would you put on this were it going up on eBay ? Thanks in
advance,

                Roger

Finding fabulous fares is fun.