From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Hirsch
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 11:55 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Elliott Carter

Most definitely still living (at least as of a few minutes ago). For a
while, Ornstein seemed to be a permanent figure as OLC, but even he
couldn't make it past 108 (if you go by wiki's dates) and he stopped
composing at the tender age of 97. Menotti just crapped out at a paltry
95, so I really don't know of an heir-in-waiting.

Babbitt?

Peter Hirsch

David Lennick wrote:
> Anyone know if Elliott Carter is still alive? If he is, he's 98. Just
> curious. I don't see any death date for him.

http://www.schirmer.com/default.aspx?TabId=2419&State_2872=2&ComposerId_2872
=236