Re: [ARSCLIST] Elliott Carter

Peter Hirsch wrote:
Most definitely still living (at least as of a few minutes ago). For a while, Ornstein seemed to be a permanent figure as OLC, but even he couldn't make it past 108 (if you go by wiki's dates) and he stopped composing at the tender age of 97. Menotti just crapped out at a paltry 95, so I really don't know of an heir-in-waiting.

Babbitt?

91 in May..just a pisher.

dl

Peter Hirsch

David Lennick wrote:
Anyone know if Elliott Carter is still alive? If he is, he's 98. Just curious. I don't see any death date for him.

http://www.schirmer.com/default.aspx?TabId=2419&State_2872=2&ComposerId_2872=236

Oldest living composer?

dl