Re: [ARSCLIST] Whacky-Packia outed for what it is -- Amateur Hour in Siberia

On 21/03/07, Jack Palmer wrote:

> The problem with Wikipedia is not that some items are full of lots of
> correct information . Even if there are only a few articles with wrong
> information how will a person know which is right and which is lousy
> if you are not already expert in that field? I have looked at it a few
> times but have never used it for information. I just don't trust it.
> Jack

You can't totally trust any source of information. Whenever the
information is about a subject you are really familiar with, you notice
common errors or controversial views.

It is only the topics you know little about that are presented
accurately and authoritatively.

The definition of an expert is "somebody who disagrees strongly with
another expert".

Regards
--
Don Cox