From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Nolan
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:54 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] at this rate, won't be much to archive soon enough

Sure there will. It just won't be pieces of physical media.

I am currently archiving every poetry podcast I can to hard drive. I wish I had the resources to archive much more than that.

I think in 30 or 40 years, people will go nuts for these early inteernet broadcasts, just as folks have gone ga-ga for old-time radio since the 70's...

So get archiving, people...

For that matter - go check out the wealth of lossless downloadable music available all over the web - same thing. I wish I had the $$ to download and archive all the unique material that Robert Fripp is making available through his downloadable music distributor...

dave n
92y
nyc