Re: [ARSCLIST] Nesco Food Dehydrator Convert-A-Tray available again

Thanks for the tip! Just ordered a pair. I won't describe the kludge I came up with.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 4:59 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Nesco Food Dehydrator Convert-A-Tray available again

This is a minor, nuts-and-bolts detail. The Nesco line of American Harvest food dehydrators is widely used for baking sticky-shed-syndrome tapes. One of the inconveniences of them is that while they appear almost purpose-built for 10.5-inch reels, they do not do well with 7-inch reels. The Convert-A-Tray accessory solves this to a great extent, allowing the centre ring to be removed and in essence providing a double-ring-high space for placing tapes. I have used two pairs of these for years. I balance the other side of the reels on stacks of NAB hubs.

I was in need of a second dehydrator to bake moldy tapes and in the course of trying to find one locally (Home Hardware in Aurora had an FD60 in stock) I discovered that the Convert-A-Tray was back in stock so I ordered in another two pairs.

I thought those of you who might have missed a previous opportunity to purchase these might be interested. Even better than that, they appear to be at a reduced price.

http://www.nesco.com/products/?category=300&subcat=200&id=33

I am currently running a thermal test on the new dehydrator, but the old one kept the temperature constant within +/- 1 degree Celsius over three hours. That was based on 3-minute samples. I'm running the new one on 15-second samples with no thermal mass inside the unit.

Enjoy!

Richard