Re: [ARSCLIST] The case for message boards.

I am not sure what you mean.A message board is only as complicated as those who design it want to make it.There are a lot of them with simplified,and streamlined layouts,that work fine.
http://www.progressiveindependent.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_forums

is an excellent example of this.

                           Roger
Don Cox <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: On 05/03/07, Kiwi O'Connell wrote:

> Hi Brandon
>
> I agree with you. In fact, most of the posts I don't even read, I just
> hit delete! I find it frustrating that these conversations are carried
> on using the list. Why can't people just email the given party
> directly? Makes sense to me and then I don't have to keep going
> through unwanted mail.

Discussions are not just between two people.

My email program shows the sender and subject of about 60 mails at a
time. It is easy to pick out the ones that look worth reading.

The great majority of web-based forums are horrible to use, with a slow
and incredibly complicated layout.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist