Re: [ARSCLIST] Menuhin in Japan

There are only eleven.The selections are the same,as are on both the UK Biddulph .and Japanese RCA CDs.They are:

Sonata No.1 in G minor. Sarabande from Partita No.2. Partita No.3 in E (Bach). Sonata in G minor 'Devil's Trill' (Tartini). Violin Sonata No.5 in F op.24 'Spring'. Violin Sonata No.9 in A op.47 'Kreutzer'. Hungarian Dance No.1 in G minor (Brahms). Slavonic Dance No.2 in E minor (Dvorak). Negro Spiritual Melody (Dvorak). Perpetuum Mobile (Novacek). Spanish Dance in E minor (Granados). Romanza Andalusa (Sarasate). Habanera (Sarasate). Piece en forme d'Habanera (Ravel). Segerzo Tarantelle (Wienawski). Caprice Viennois (Wienawski). Rumanian Folk Dances (Bartok).

Does yours have the binder ? I was beaten out by a dealer's picker,about nine years ago at a thrift store,that had all eleven in the album.It remains the only one I have seen.There is a very nice  RCA Japan Lp transfer,from the late 50s,that I found cheap on eBay a few years back.

What is the story of how these cpoies are connected with Menhuin?

                                       Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Anyone know how many 78s Yehudi Menuhin made in Japan for Victor, and when? I
just acquired a nice batch of them, 11 in all..1 ten-inch single and 3 albums
(2 3-disc recitals and the Kreutzer Sonata). These came from Yehudi himself,
through a somewhat circuitous route.

dl

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist

Bored stiff? Loosen up...