From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christie Peterson
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 11:00 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Tapes and Mold

I was assuming that he had inactive mold.  You're right about active
mold -- sealing up that nice, wet environment in a plastic bag is not a
good idea.  Is there any risk with inactive/dry/old mold, though?  I
would still think that bagging those items would  be prudent.  In any
event, "isolation" is the key, regardless of how it's done.

Christie Peterson
Project Archivist, Muskie Archives & Special Collections
Bates College
70 Campus Avenue
Lewiston, ME 04240-6018
 (t) 207-753-6918