From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger and Allison Kulp
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 10:18 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Public's rights....was offlist archival question
from ARSC list member

Does this become null and void after an artist dies ?

Bob Olhsson <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Don Andes writes:
>Opinion A) NO - What gives anyone or everyone the right to be able to
>hear every note that said artist recorded?

This is the position the vast majority of artists and producers I know
will take. Some destroy everything but the final master if they think
there is even the slightest chance of losing control over it. They
consider it part of their right to privacy to control what the public
will have access to.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix Evaluation and Quality Control Over 40

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist

Looking for earth-friendly autos?

Music from EMI

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly forbidden. If you need assistance please contact us on +44 20 7795 7000.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Group plc.

Registered Office: 27 Wrights Lane, London W8 5SW

Registered in England No 229231.