Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 patent dispute

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
> The past damage argument is completely bogus,I can see the case being thrown
out in the future.As for paying future royalties,it seems to me,that websites
could just get around it,by using a different format.Don't Real,and iTunes use
something other than MP3 ? I stream a lot of stuff off the web,and about 60% of
the sites do use Real or iTunes exclusively.As well as something called Icecast
, for PC owners.Moreso than a year ago.Could they have known this was coming ?

Apple's iTunes, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player all have their own
sound-file formats...and there may be even more I don't remember!

However, .wav files are a standard format...and .mp3 files are pretty
close to being one. Kind of the same way that all database apps can
read/write dBASE files...even though the program itself is long since
defunct!

Anybody know when mp3 was created...and by whom? Runs in my mind
it was the same group that came up with "MPEG" condensed image
files...?!