Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright question

"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

****However, if my guess is correct, that means the video file could
be legally posted...INCLUDING soundtrack...while the soundtrack
by itself is protected until 2067...!

  While I could not find that particular piece listed at Harry Fox, most of Schoenberg's music is still under copyright, so would not some mechanical license apply.

  My knowledge of the copyrights as they apply to motion pictures is limited, but I would assume rights would need to have been paid.

****And, yes, colour motion pictures, both commercial and home-use,
has existed well over 50 years...!

  While I did not notice any date on the film, they also had a clip with Uchida discussing the Schoenberg Piano Concerto. Since she is around 50 years old, I will assume the video of her was made within the last 20 years. Perhaps the posters of these videos have paid for rights.

  I went to the Schoenberg Center site and found the same videos and others, so I will assume the appropriate licenses have been paid.

  It was interesting to me to note that my introduction to the Schoenberg Center website came from being forwarded a URL to the Youtube posting of the films. It seemed to me that the those at the Center have a good sense of how to make good use of the web.

  Karl