Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright pressure put on Canada...

Bill Shatner?

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
There with the terrorists ! Invade 'em ! Nuke 'em !
Official White Horse Souse
"Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2007/02/14/copyright-pressure.html
I suspect that part of the pressure has to do with lengthening
Canada's 50-year copyright term when they use terms like "bring into
line" but the article appears to focus on immediate piracy.

Actually, the "immediate piracy" supposedly occured in Montreal, and
involved digital-video-camera "filming" of newly released films for
pirate sale. However...CRIA would dearly love to get the same "eternity
plus 50 years" term that RIAA managed to obtain south of the border!

The next question, of course, is: "Which partially-famous entertainment
figure can we successfully run for MP (or appoint to the senate?!) and
then arrange a tragic death for...?!

Who'll be the Canuck Sonny Bono...?!