Re: [ARSCLIST] Oscar Levant

David Lennick
1840 Altona Road
Pickering, Ontario L1V 1M5
Canada

Here's a link to an old Amazon listing for the CD.

http://www.amazon.com/George-Gershwin-Memorial-Concert/dp/B000006PDF

dl

joe@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
and the address to send such $$ to is?

If you are going to make a shameless plug, please be complete.

js

David Lennick wrote:
And if anyone wants his great performance of the Concerto in F (first one in public in 5 years, I believe) at the 1937 Gershwin Memorial Concert, I'm the guy who put it out on CD 8 or 9 years ago. I still have a few copies left. This is the entire concert as broadcast on CBS, 150 minutes, not the edited version that came out on a pirate Italian CD. $20 + $4 shipping for the 2-CD set. Pardon the shameless plug.

dl

Karl Miller wrote:
The only other Levantophile, probably more devoted to Oscar than I is Michael Feinstein. Many years ago Michael made some dubs of lacquers of Oscar's music...some of which is pretty good.
Over the years I have acquired many recordings of broadcast performances of his and I believe I have copies of all of his commercial recordings. Feel free to contact me off list if you want copies.
Karl (also 59 and Oscar and I share the same birthday...not the same year however)
Darlene Brandt <darlenebrandt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In searching for available recordings of Oscar Levant, I came upon a question asked about his opera, Carnaval, on ARSCLIST, and in following the correspondence, found that someone mentioned that he had recordings of Levant and asked if anyone were interested in Levant.

I have been interested in Oscar Levant's music and recordings since the age of 5, (I'm 59) but there is very little I can find. I am especially looking for his recording of the Grieg Piano Concerto. Anyone else a Levantphile?

:)--Darlene