Re: [ARSCLIST] seeking discography info -- Dizzy Gillespie album

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> My main point was, since Universal is a global company, it's dumb not to have
some sort of facility
> for global release, or at least make sure to include release in the country of
origin (most of the
> Sonet jazz albums were recorded in USA, although a couple were recorded in
Sweden). Or, in worst
> case, make everything iTunes available (at inferior sound quality,
unfortunately) and release the
> physical CD's in countries where they are likely to sell enough to justify the
> inventory/manufacturing costs.

The main reason they don't is also the main reason we collectors might be
able to create a web-based facility similar to what is described...?!

Remember that virtually everywhere EXCEPT the US of A, the copyright laws
haven't yet been tailored to RIAA's taste...so the concept of a copyright
term for sound recordings that can best be described as "Eternity, or the
first day the sun rises in the west and sets in the east..." doesn't apply
in most "elsewheres"...!

In these days of terabyte hard drives, it might be possible to provide
CD-fidelity .wav files...?