To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:47 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] seeking discography info -- Dizzy Gillespie album

Hello Tom

On 05/02/07, Tom Fine wrote:
Thanks again to all who helped with discog info.

I picked up a used copy of the CD for too much $$ via Amazon.

Typically strange behavior by Universal mega-glomerate. They reissued
all of the Sonet jazz albums ... only in Europe. Yet, a lot of them
were actually recorded in the USA and all but one of them feature
exclusively American artists. Sure, Sonet was a Swedish/UK label, but
it makes no sense not to release this worldwide, or at least in the
country of origin of the artists and/or recordings. And, apparently,
even though they were released in 2004, they are now out of print. And
further bizarro, Universal didn't issue them as low-grade iTunes like
they done with most of their jazz stuff that was out on CD and is now
out of print.

I put my friend who is working a 15-month assignment in Sweden on the
case and hopefully won't have to pay megabux to get the rest of this
catalog.

Wonder how much more jazz made in USA but recorded for European and
Asian based labels will never get reissued here???

Have you checked out Amazon.de and Amazon.fr?

They are easy enough to use even if you don't speak the language,
because the layout is basically the same. If you have an account with
Amazon, it applies to all branches.

Regards
--
Don Cox