Re: [ARSCLIST] "record" sales in the 21st century--was: interesting!

There are a number of boards,where you could post links.The big one I have been to in the past,is :
http://www.bluestalk.com/

This one sticks out in my mind,as it is more musician-oriented,than recording-oriented.

                              Roger
Miss Q <agentramona@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Steven,
I think you are very much underestimating the use of MySpace as a tool for
musicians. I would take Roger's advice and immediately set up a site there
and YouTube videos if you can. As far as getting people to visit your
website or hear your music, there are many books on website design that
cover that kind of marketing. I am using the Visual Quickstart Guide to
HTML, XHTML & CSS 6th Edition by Elizabeth Castro for a class at Drexel, and
it covers how to add keywords and get your site indexed for search engines
as well as other legitimate promotional techniques.

This also brings up another interesting aspect of MySpace, which is they are
working on making it possible for artists to sell their music via the site.
Right now that seems to mostly be in trying to enforce copyright laws so
people aren't illegaly sharing music, but I think this is probably the first
step they need to take to become a viable online music marketplace.

Also, networking with like minded musicians and fans, via the internet or
your local music community, is priceless. I have worked with and befriended
many indie musicans over the years, and nothing is a better gauge of
"success" (a very relative term) than the amount of time they spend touring,
playing live, and keeping in contact with their fans. This has happened
regardless of the support of a record label or management, although those
organizations can help someone at a certain point in their career, but
they're hardly necissary to get started.

Courtney

--

Community, and Spirit

href="http:://www.librariness.blogspot.com"> Librariness: Library
obsessiveness

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist