Re: [ARSCLIST] The STiL Case

We're using the STIL cases to enclose our gold preservation CD-Rs.  As
Richard notes, for this purpose we don't need a way to keep an insert with
the disc.  However, when we were pooling our collective departmental
resources to purchase a skid of the cases, the UGA music collections
librarian opted out, since he needed a good way to keep the tray insert in
the case, and the STIL case clearly falls short here (although I think it's
fair to say that given their focus on preservation they probably thought
this was a minor consideration -- maybe they'll rethink it...)

Regarding labeling, we write our ID number on the spine, and put a
foil-backed label with more info on the front of the case.  I'm finding this
works really well.

Best,

Craig

Craig Breaden
Media Assets Archivist
Richard B. Russell Library for Political Research and Studies
Main Library
The University of Georgia
Athens, GA  30602-1641
706-542-5782 (phone)