Re: [ARSCLIST] interesting!

One important caveat to mention regarding the Mormon databases is that everyone upon their death is listed as a Mormon. No, you didn't read it wrong, everyone is listed as being a Mormon after the fact. Hindu, Muslim, Zoroastrian, Catholic, forget it, in their records you are put down for all eternity as having died a Mormon. Just a little reminder in respect to their much vaunted factual accuracy.

Aaron Levinson

David Breneman wrote:
--- "Steven C Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For example, I'm trying to trace my ancestry on my paternal side.
I would guess that some of the data I need was in Clinton (Ill's.)
newspapers in the mid-to-late 19th century; however, it seems the
only way to verify that (and access the data, should it exist) is
to physically travel there!

Is there a Mormon library near you? They have the best geneological records in the world and anyone can access them. What they don't have on site they can call in from Salt Lake City. Used to be on microfilm - they may have it all in a database now.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check. Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.