Re: [ARSCLIST] "20 something classical vinyl collectors" [was Re: [ARSCLIST] Szell on MAR Was:Bernstein info needed]

On 04/02/07, D. Blake Werts wrote:
> Ahh... you meant "vinyl" in general and not particularly classical
> music. Yes, there are still younger people getting interested in that
> scene.
>
> Do you see any young classical collectors these days?

The UK radio station ClassicFM reports a growth in its younger audience.

http://www.classicfm.com/article.asp?id=257178

But I doubt if these listeners are collecting vinyl. IMO the big vinyl
collectors are either Japanese hobbyists, or DJs anywhere looking for anything
different to mix in.

Sales of turntables are said to be surprisingly healthy.

"The Gramophone" magazine reports a massive interest in classical music
in China, with millions learning to play the piano and many concert
halls under construction.

Regards
--
Don Cox