Re: [ARSCLIST] MAR Bernstein New World Questions Was: Bernstein info needed

There is a thrift store I go to,that is one of only two left here in Albuquerque that still gets in "new" vinyl.They don't get a lot in,but it it still worth going there every 2-3 weeks.(I can recall when they were getting so much in,I went to most of the thrift stores,every 3-4 days.)I can recall,when I used to pass these Music Appreciation record up,without a second glance,I recall articles from TAS making fun of them,it wasn't until I had an appreciable classical collection,the thrift stores,and vinyl therein both became less and less,that I began to pay attention to them.

 Anyways,I went to said store today,and I saw the Music Appreciation Society New World Symphony,with Bernstein's analysis,issued in the cover with the fancy book on it.I passed on it,as there were a couple of nasty scratches,going across each side.I looked it up,over at leonardbernstein.com,and this is the entry:
 Symphony No. 9 in E Minor, Op. 95, "From the New World"
  Stadium Concerts Symphony Orchestra 07/28/53: New York, Lewisohn Stadium Decca (BOM): Mar-37
  What does BOM mean here ? Book of The Month Club ? Why do they have no Decca catalogue number for this,like they do for everything else ? Does this mean it was recorded under Decca's auspices,and not issued by them ?What's with the "Mar-37"? You think I ought to go back and buy it ? BTW,the link there is to Amazon,to buy the 1962 recording, not this one.

                                   Roger

Richard Warren <richard.warren@xxxxxxxx> wrote: For David Lennick,

The tape-to-disc transfer numbers on DL-9715 are, on Yale's copy, MG
3351 T9 and MG 3552 T4; the original DGG number was 18246.

Richard

 Get your own web address.