Re: [ARSCLIST] Richard Nanes

In a message dated 1/31/2007 8:41:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
richard.warren@xxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,

What I was told by a recording engineer is that Nanes is a  wealthy
industrialist whose hobbies are playing the piano and  composing.

Richard

I met Nanes about 17 years ago - I was programming inflight airline music
and a rep from his record label came to pitch his recordings. They worked great
for boarding music (which usually borders on the non-invasive) - To me, his
stuff was halfway between classical and new age. I even had dinner with him on
 one occasion - very nice, pleasant, and thoughtful. Serious about his music.

Cary  Ginell
Origin Jazz  Library
www.originjazz.com