Re: [ARSCLIST] Lathe Cut Record Experiment

A music/art artist in Baltimore who uses the name "Twig" has been making musico/record constructs inscribing CDs with a recording groove, making designs using recording tape, etc., and artistically packaging the results now for a number of years. He's a fascinating man and well worth investigating. I don't have a web site for him but he can probaly be reached through True Vine Records. You'll have to find the link.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Lathe Cut Record Experiment

Miss Q wrote:
Some experiments with using a record lathe to cut different materials. I'm
particularly charmed by the CD turned into a record:
http://www.geocities.com/amishfan/soundscriber.html

Courtney

I've a kit from Gakken in Japan to make a recorder/player in emulation of a Berliner Gramophone. Mine is still in the box, but a friend to whom I gave another reports that it will inscribe a CD, thereby mixing technologies of twenty and a hundred and twenty years ago.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/