Re: [ARSCLIST] Edison factory fire

And he wasn't he only one.Usually the patents are bought out by one of The Big Three auto makers.

                          Roger

"Richard L. Hess" <arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: At 05:50 PM 2007-01-23, Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
>Edison and his electric car.
>http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/223/electric-car-timeline.html
>http://www.ieee-virtual-museum.org/collection/tech.php?id=2345874&lid=1
>
>You don't mess with big oil,be it John D. Rockerfeller,or
>Halliburton.They run the country,in more ways than one,the same way
>that mafia dons used to run things. I'm surprised Edison didn't turn
>up dead,because of this.

Ummm...did you know that Rudolf Diesel originally wanted his engines
to run on vegetable oil, but he "committed suicide" in 1913 and then
the engine was redesigned to run on dino-oil.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72404-0.html?tw=rss.index

Someone responded to me that dino oil is more plentiful than
vegetable oil so that was a good thing.

Sorry for the off-topic excursion.

Richard

Richard L. Hess                   email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.