Re: [ARSCLIST] how does someone being this type of work.

I participate in a listserv of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections.  I'm sending your inquiry and my reply there (note the address above.)  There should be some archival material which answers your quiestions, and I assume some of the participants may have something to add.

Steve Smolian

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Harold Hodgins
  To: smolians@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 1:28 PM
  Subject: how does someone being this type of work.

  Dear Sir:
             I'm interested in transfering old audio median to new or recent median. I have most of the equipment / software to transfere from cassete tape, records, reel to reel, and vhs to cd or tape. My church is making a cd of past music but we have some of this on reel to reels. I am looking for a reel to reel player and / or a record player. Also I'm wondering what laws cover this type of work. If you could give me some tips and / or advice it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.                                                                                   Harold Hodgins