Re: [ARSCLIST] Nominations for the 2007 ARSC Awards for Excellence

Actually what I had in mind were websites that are the product of exceptional discographical research,but have previously not been recognized before.Three of the best are :

Duke University's George Clinton Motherpage
http://www.duke.edu/~tmc/motherpage/ , the outstanding Cliff Richard site
http://www.cliffandshads.co.uk/   a 15+ labor of love for this man, and the truly unique "Bubblegum the Punk"
http://bubblegum.the.punk.free.fr/index-frame.html

There are also a number of sites devoted to exaustive discographies of individual  conductors,pianists,and violinists.Some of which,like the one for Svastiaslav Richter are a collaboratory effort of a large group of people,from all over the world.I don't know if any these had appeared in print before.Were Borderline Books,they of "Fuzz,Acid,and Flowers Fame",still around,I would nominate them.

                       Roger Kulp

           Roger Kulp
"Nelson-Strauss, Brenda" <bnelsons@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: To answer Joel's question, this issue has come up in the past. We
haven't expanded the awards for a couple of reasons. First, each of our
five judges already has between 30-50 books/liner notes to review- and
often they are given only 6-8 weeks for the first round.

Second, we follow very strict guidelines for print publications- for the
2007 awards, the publication must bear a 2006 copyright date and can not
have been previously published. Revised editions, 1st U.S. editions, 1st
Eng. Language editions, etc. are not usually eligible. So, in order to
consider electronic publications, we'd need to figure out how to apply
the guidelines to electronically published materials- especially
material published on websites. How does one prove that a discography on
a website was published for the 1st time in 2006?

Comments welcome. Also, if you had a particular electronic publication
in mind that possibly meets the above guidelines, please let us know.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
ARSC Awards Committee