Re: [ARSCLIST] sticky shed questions

Hello, Phillip,

With the caveat that SSS and SBS (see below) may or may not occur on any given reel of tape within a specific time frame, due partially to storage conditions, and partially to manufacturing batch control issues, I present the following comments.

SBS stands for Soft Binder Syndrome -- of which SSS may be a subset, although SSS is also plagued with the back-coating binder softening and often shedding more than the mag coating as the mag particles offer some reinforcement to the mag coating which the carbon black in the back coating doesn't offer.