Re: [ARSCLIST] Classical record review media

If you are interested in Hi-Fi rags, most of them still run classical reviews. "Hi-Fi+" devotes significant space on classical music. I think "The Absolute Sound" still does, but my subscription lapsed a while back (they also spent considerable time on movie music).

Steven Smolian wrote:
I'm assembling a list of surviving classical record review magazines, papers that run classical music reviews, blogs, etc. for a client. This includes the US foreign language press and magazines of all countries. I'm less interested in publications that have only long articles focussing on one or two releases, such as The New Yorker.)

Here is what I've come up with to start

Magazines:
ARSC Journal
Classic Record Collector
Fanfare
Gramophone
Notes
Opera (vocal)
Opera News (vocal)
Record Collector (the classsical vocal one)
Strad (string playing)

Significant newspapers that review classical CDs: (I'm not sure of the names) (Significant means there is a large enough readership that a positive response will result in a measurable increase in sales.)

Aufbau (do they still do record reviews?) Chicago Times
Christian Science Monitor
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
Village Voice (do they still do classical reviews?
Washington Post
Washington Blade (Can others supply the named of gay-oriented papers in other cities?)

Radio:
NPR
WBJC (Baltimore)

Net:
Amazon.com
Music on the Web

Additions to and comments about the above list are welcomed.

Steve Smolian