Re: [ARSCLIST] square waves....Re: [ARSCLIST] Libraries disposing of records

Also (in theory, and disregarding any circuit reactances), as long as
the DC power available from its source was low enough in power as NOT
to immediately "fry" the speaker (or other audio-output transducer),
what (I assume) would happen is that the voice coil, and thus the
speaker cone, would move as quickly as possible from "rest" position
(no DC current, thus no magnetism) to its opposite (DC current through
coil, thus magnetism) which would, I think, produce a quick sort of
"thump" sound. As the frequency of these "thumps" rose into the audio
spectrum, a sort of tone would be audible...but not a nice sine-wave
tone (more of a "buzzer" sound?). Since it is physically impossible
for the speaker cone to move back and forth in an infinitely small
amount of time, one supposes that hearing a "perfect square wave"
(assuming one could be created) is a physical impossibility (as if
anyone would want to in the first place...?!)...