[ARSCLIST] "Men of HiFi" Harry Maynard tapes

Hello Historians!

In my Christmas card this year from Natalie and Harry Maynard, Natalie asks if I would know what to do with Harry's "Men of HiFi" radio show tapes.

Harry is getting on in years and Natalie (who is younger though I don't know by how much) is taking good care of him. I just got off the phone with her.

She hasn't yet dug them all out, so we don't know how many there are. Her first guess was 30-40, but I think it might be more. These were shortish segments on the ABC Radio Network and also longer shows (I was on one!) on WNYC. This is from the early-mid 1970s time frame (at least my show was).

I suspect the format is open reel, but I don't even know that with 100% certainty.

Whoever wants this collection will need to get it from Westport CT, as I don't think either of them would want to pack and ship it (I could be wrong). I could possibly do that or arrange to have it done.

I would suggest digitizing the tapes upon acquisition -- I could of course do that <shameless plug>, but there are no strings related to my doing that attached.

I don't know about the copyright ownership of these recordings so I don't know if they could be redistributed. I could perhaps find out if that was important to the institution who might be interested in receiving these.

Cheers,

Richard