To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital in a post-digital universe--was: Interesting WSJ Article on when libraries should discard their holdings.

Cindered planet means the 78's are nothing but ash anyway. Jokingly, your argument only works before the time man had the ability to destroy itself in a few microseconds. A meteoroid or comet would toast every thing on only one side of the planet, just killing all the living beings on that side. J/K. It is all a very circular argument, isn't it...?

<grin>

I'm thinking that all the regressions in human history were because of
geopolitical reasons, and relied mostly on the fact that only a select
few of the people/countries/regions possessed the technology that died.
In today's environment, I wonder if that is still applicable...