Re: [ARSCLIST] Interesting WSJ Article on when libraries should discard their holdings.

When I worked in a small town public library many many years ago, I was instructed to cull anything that hadn't circulated in five years. The difference in our culling was that we had additional criteria. No classic would ever have gone away nor would anything written by those authors be discarded. Some books were truly dated and their information was no longer useful so those were removed. Anything pulled was placed on a book truck and reviewed by the library director. Removed books were then added to the annual library book sale. I agree that two years is far too short a period.

Miriam