Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 rpm transfer in Montreal?

Hi Roger -

  You might be interested in checking this out if you're not already familiar with it. Just plug your amp (w/ turntable) into the computer & you should be all set...and it's free.

  http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

  Gene

Roger and Allison Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  On a sort of related topic,someone recently expressed an interest in some of my more unusual classical 78s.They live in another part of the country,and wanted to put them on a show that both streams on the web,and broadcasts in their local area.He wanted me to burn him a CD-R,and send it in the mail.I told the guy,I would have to pass,as I did not have a A-D converter,and money was kind of tight right now,so there was no way I would be buying one in the forseeable future.As far as I know,there is nobody where I live (Albuquerque) ,where I could do this.The local public radio stations,are run by a bunch of cliquish assholes, who don't take kindly to outsiders.The University of New Mexico here,told me I couldn't use their equipment if I wasn't a student.I left my name there,to see if somebody could do this for me.I haven't heard from them,and I doubt I will.Any suggestions?

Roger Kulp

David Lennick wrote: John Black wrote:
> Greetings. A patron has asked about professional transfer of 78 rpm
> discs to CD-R in the Montreal area, so I am writing to ask if any such
> are known to/recommended by any list members.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> John Desmond Black
> Audio-Visual Collections and Services Coordinator
> Marvin Duchow Music Library of McGill University
> john.black@xxxxxxxxx
> http://www.mcgill.ca/music-library/

I don't know about Montreal, but Graham Newton and I are in Toronto (and if it
involves CEDARing, I pass that on to Graham anyway).

dl