Re: [ARSCLIST] Recommended software to make an iPod dump its library to iTunes on a second computer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I'm no fan of Apple either, but I have to say the iPod is far and away the
best of these devices.
> And iTunes software has improved steadily. But I can't understand why it would
have a basic function
> like sync. Both copies of iTunes, on both computers, have to be registered to
me anyway or I can't
> play whatever I've got from the iTunes store. So I can't see how this violates
any fair-use or any
> other theory of personal property and copyrights. How is my collection of MP3
files any less mine
> than my Outlook address book, which readily syncs between computers or even
via a secure website?

Actually, if the contents are .MP3 files, they can be dealt with just
like any digital files (except for getting them from iPod to computer,
which probably has available solutions...?!). I would recommend renaming
whatever folder the iPod (or related application) stores the files in
before adding any more...that eliminates any possibility existing files
will or can be overwritten.

And the security is probably because the great majority of "iPodites"
are much younger...and much less honest...than yourself...?!