Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Dating LPs ?

I worked through thousands of studio masters for an appraisal from a large studio from the disco era on and found about 2/3 to be digital originals.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Dating LPs ?

Steven Smolian wrote:
For purposes of the study I'm working on, 1985 is my cut-off year at the
moment.  After that, most everything is born digital and has had its audio
translated for LP purposes.

This didn't really become true of most major label popular music releases until around 15 years later.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com