Re: [ARSCLIST] Clarifying the MAM-A gold comment

Tom Fine wrote:
>... the only thing Big Music brings to the table that a
>good management company
>can't is a distribution and manufacturing network. No need for that in the
>all-iTunes era.

That along with financing is the only thing they ever brought to the table. We're already seeing management companies replacing labels. Motown, incidentally,  was primarily an artist management and publishing company.

There's a great Motown documentary on U-tube that's linked off a post on my forum:

http://womb.mixerman.net/showthread.php?t=386

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com