Re: [ARSCLIST] Dolby S/N Stretcher

Scott D. Smith writes:
>As long as the system isn't driven so hard that you exceed the range of
>the level detector, then it *should* track properly at any level.

Where level calibration got challenging was in applications where you needed to move tapes between different machines. It wasn't nearly as bad as Dolby in that respect however it was far more critical than the manufacturer would have people believe. For that matter Dolby grossly understated how critical level alignment was. I've encountered a huge percentage of  sloppily aligned Dolby A and SR systems.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com