Re: [ARSCLIST] can anyone recommend a Studer tech in NYC?

I appreciate the recommendations...my original post was from back in May
(not sure why its popping up again now), and we indeed had John French
recommended to us and we did use his services to give our heads a new life
and clean bill of health.

The tech John recommended did a bunch of work on both the Technics and the
Studer, including replacing all the Studer's capacitors, but unfortunately
the original problem that made me want to have the Studer looked at (low-
level hum/hiss noise when the deck was in 3.75ips mode) is still there.
According to the tech, this was just a "known problem", and nothing he
could fix.

Thanks again -

dave nolan
92nd St. Y