[ARSCLIST] November Issue of Black Grooves

The November issue of Black Grooves has just been posted at
www.blackgrooves.org <http://www.blackgrooves.org/> .

This month we're giving a shout-out to the Black Rock Coalition, which
recently commemorated its 20th anniversary. We've got the skinny on the
latest CDs by BRC co-founders Vernon Reid and Greg Tate, and have added
some other new releases by artists that fall under the black rock
umbrella, including Van Hunt, Ben Harper, and Three5Human (fronted by
Indiana's own Trina Meade). Rounding out the issue is a DJ Quik "best
of" compilation, a new offering from the Roots, some jazz from the Deep
Blue Organ Trio, and several sets paying homage to great musicians of
the past, including Nat King Cole, Will Marion Cook, John Coltrane, and
Joe Carter.

We hope you enjoy this issue.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss

Black Grooves editor

Archives of African American Music & Culture

www.indiana.edu/~aaamc