Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, James L Wolf wrote:

> As the "house of copyright" the LOC is, and must be, bound by the letter of the
copyright law. So please do not blame the Library for its inability to make
available most early recordings. Thanks.

To what extent has the library pushed for changes in the copyright as it
applies to access to unique materials? Or does the library see its posture
as reactive versus being proactive.

I ask this because of the questions I have raised in my posts and quite simply,
having been born in 1947, I would have to live to ripe old age of 120 to have
"reasonable" access to recordings I would like to study.

Karl