[ARSCLIST] Mitsui / MAM-A Gold CD's

Back in the discussion last week or so about CD-R's,

Charles Lawson wrote:
[Mitsui recently shifted their manufacturing from Japan to the US and
France. As a result, their quality control is suffering and it's not
uncommon to take a disc out of its shrinkwrapping and find fingerprints or
greasy smears "factory installed." However, my average in these
discoveries is about one out of every 25 discs...but it used to be ZERO.]
I'm curious if anyone knows a way to tell where a CD was produced by looking at it (apart from finding a lot of greasy smears), like lot numbers or something? I haven't been finding any CD's like this in the batch I just purchased, but I wonder how old the stock was?

Christie Peterson
Project Archivist, Muskie Archives & Special Collections
Bates College
70 Campus Avenue
Lewiston, ME 04240-6018
(t) 207-753-6918