Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence of Sonny Bono

I'd gladly pay to see Oswald.

From: Mike Richter <mrichter@xxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence of Sonny Bono
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:17:29 -0800

Mike Loughlin wrote:
Walt Disney is a hero of mine. Somebody else made a point that Woody Guthrie would never be in the public domain, but I am sure Woody would have wanted it that way. I would love to be able to see the Oswald the Rabbit cartoons by Disney that they just regained ownership of in a trade for Al Michaels. Can you find me a copy? I'm just saying that even Walt Disney must be thawing in his grave at the amount of lawyers he has put into business.

I am told on good authority that the intellectual-property lawyers form a profit center for Disney. Protecting rights to Oswald and friends is almost certainly part of their responsibility and part of their opportunity to make money in the process.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/