Re: [ARSCLIST] FLAC?

Steven C. Barr wrote:
>if the next party to hold the position
>knows nothing of the format (or if the machine with the necessary
>software is "de-accessed") then that data is effectively lost!

This is of course the issue. I expect, or at least hope to see broadcasters replacing the current use of MPEG 1, 2 or 3 lossy coding with a standard lossless codec and that would become the one of choice. MPEG 2 is actually already a subset of BWF.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com