Re: [ARSCLIST] RF problems - used to be - - Effect of vibrations on audio tape

In a message dated 10/27/2006 10:39:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
seubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It's a very strange interference that fades in, "wanders" (I can't think
of how else to describe it) in frequency for a few seconds and then
fades away again. I'm not good at guessing frequencies, but it's
somewhere around the "bumble bee" frequency range.

That sounds like the kind of interference one would get from a high current
switching power supply delivering poorly regulated power for an application
like DC welding. It could be introduced through ground conduction rather than the
power lines or radiation. Making sure of a single point ground with no ground
loops might help.

It reminds me of the Cook recording of earthquakes, where an intermittent
buzz was due to a rock crusher operating several miles away.

Mike Csontos