Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS

James L Wolf wrote:
Before I comment, I'd like to ask why there is now some question about the public domain status of Edison recordings. I've been told for 12+ years that they're PD.

Writing as one who is not an attorney, I understand that the ENHS recordings belong to the National Park Service. As far as I can determine, the Park Service has never attempted to enforce the copyright inherent in that ownership. However, the presumably have the right to do so when/if they wish.

The above relates only to U.S. law at this point. Other nations have limited term of copyright and most if not all ENHS recordings are in the public domain in those lands.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/